Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby Blessing

I just wanted to share some pictures from Ryker's recent blessing. I guess I should share a bit about his name and why we picked it. Well, we chose Ryker for a couple of reasons. I first heard the name about 3 years ago from a friend who now lives in Idaho. She had a little nephew she had mentioned about once and I liked the name so I wrote it down in my journal. When we found out we were pregnant I was looking for names that sounded strong. I looked up the meaning of Ryker and found out that it is a Danish word that means strong power. Paul's family history is Danish and I felt it was appropriate.


Ryker's middle name is Cannon and was chosen for a few reasons as well. First Paul's middle name is Cannon. The second reason is because Cannon is a family name. Paul's Grandmother's maiden name is Cannon. She is from St. George and is related to George Q. Cannon (an important historical figure in the early years of the church).

So the first Sunday of May Ryker was blessed by his father, Paul with the support of his Grandfather Kent ,Uncle Jason, and Abulito Don. We had intended to have other family members there but circumstances prohibited it. It was a beautiful day none the less. So here are some picutres that were taken after church. Enjoy!!



3 comments:

  1. So sweet. Wish we could have been there!! But you know why we weren't!! :O) Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your son;t name...it does indeed sound very strong. :O)

    ReplyDelete